Sunday, February 1, 2009

Spoiler Alert: The Murders in the Rue Morgue

I know that you find my love and respect for Karl Pilkington baffling, and more than a little annoying. The following is a true series of events.

For my Detective Fiction class, I had to read Edgar Allan Poe's short story "The Murders in the Rue Morgue." I wasn't really looking forward to it because I don't enjoy Poe all that much. Anyway, so I was reading along, highlighting what I thought were important facts of the crime being given by(in my opinion too many) witnesses. It was a horrible double murder and it confounded the entire Parisian Police Force (big shock). So I was just reading along and suddenly struck me, "HOLY SHIT A MONKEY DID IT!!" I really had to talk myself down from that one. "Eileen, this is Poe we are talking about here, not fucking Monkey News." And as it turns out I was wrong. It wasn't a monkey. It was an Orangutan.

1 comment:

Anne said...

It's not that I don't appreciate how funny he is, it's just that I don't think it's healthy for you to have such an obsession with someone who is famous for being a moron.