Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sticking It to the Man

This is ridiculous. It's been almost a month since our (your) last post. I think I'm too busy reading blogs to be able to write one.

Anyway, this month's post is about how to deal with your nasty bank policies. I would like to use stronger language than "nasty," but lets try and keep this a family friendly blog. Once upon a time, I bought some books on Amazon (which I would not now do for this completely unrelated reason). For over drafting my account by about $20 I ended up getting hit with over $100 in overdraft fees. When I called my friendly bankers they basically told me to fuck off. So I filed a complaint at the OCC's website, and eventually got a $105 refund from my bank. Even though, after additional charges, I'm still out about $60, I feel like I took on The Man and kicked ass. Anyone who gets screwed with overdraft fees should feel free to do the same.

I guess this blog is no longer family friendly. Oops.

No comments: