Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Snack du jour!


On my facebook profile, under interests it states: Real life things in miniature. As luck would have it, the reverse is also true. I really enjoy things that are normally small in gigantic sizes. So I was really excited to see GIANT Smarties in the Campus "Grocery" Store. I am not sure if this is true at your institution of higher learning, but at our campus store we will randomly have candy that used to be really popular and isn't anymore. I imagine a backroom stashed to the top with beloved candy from the 90's that no one really wants anymore and they'll periodically stock some of these items in front, and I usually buy them in bulk and then I'll never see them again. I played this ridiculous game with Sixlets all last semester. While I feel like Smarties have remained relatively popular (they are frequently found in the jumbo variety bags of candy)--but I think we can all agree that giant Smarties had a limited run back in the day. Needless to say I am more than happy to welcome them back into my life, even if it's only for a short while. I realize that it's hard to tell from the picture above that they are giant Smarties because there isn't really anything to compare it too--they could be in a small dish. But trust me friend, they are giant Smarties. I know this because when I Google imaged searched "Giant Smarties" this is what came up, and Google wouldn't lie to a gal like that.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Could you please take a picture of the Smarties that you purchased next to a quarter or something? I want to know just how giant we're talking about here.