Friday, March 20, 2009

professional underappreciation

Everyone knows that I am a very hard worker. The fact that I'm writing this while at work is case and point. So today when someone found a pair of nice sunglasses near my cube, I took it upon myself to send out a friendly e-mail inquiring about who they might belong to. The message was as follows: Found--nice pair of sunglasses. Please stop by if you have recently lost a pair. I will administer a brief test to prove your ownership of aforementioned sunglasses so please bring a number two pencil and the periodic table of elements.

And you know what happened? Nothing. Nata. Zip. Granted, I did recycle that joke from when I found an earring in an office where I used to work. But at least they appreciated me! I got several replies from bemused coworkers and some people actually did stop by with a pencil and a copy of the periodic table! But here I am, two years later in a new office and no laughs. Has the periodic table of elements become less funny in recent months? Last time I checked it was still hilarious.

But there you have it friend. This is why you shouldn't work hard, because when you do, no one laughs and brings you a copy of the periodic table of elements. People suck.

1 comment:

Tessla said...

If someone from Shoebuy sent me a similar email I would chuckle and at least send a reply in response to their humor. Had I been a recipient of your email I would have come running with a pencil.