Wednesday, April 29, 2009

the moment i've been waiting for

I've done some pretty exciting things in my life. I've seen great concerts, outstanding comedians, and even been known to stay home alone on a Friday night and watch Foyle's War in bed all night. It's a very glamorous life. However, the greatest night of my life is swiftly approaching and I didn't even know it until yesterday. On May 1st, 2009 one of my life goals will have been accomplished. I will be attending a Sound of Music sing-along at the Palace Theater in Albany, NY. You might wonder, Eileen, who is possibly qualified to host such a magical night? Well, I would tell you that the event is being hosted by Charmian Carr (Liesl von Trapp). You might ask, What actually happens at a Sound of Music sing-along? Where to begin? There will be costume contests, Julie Andrews look-a-likes, goodie bags, and I can finally watch a movie where it is ENCOURAGED that you shout at the screen and sing along with the songs. It will be heaven. To quote the Palace Theater website "the first rule of Sing-Along is THERE ARE NO RULES!" That's right buddy. Julie Andrews look-a-likes, goodie bags, singing, no rules.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Are you sure it's at the Palace and not in heaven?