Monday, December 1, 2008

Midmorning motivation

Received this e-mail from my mother:
Do you want to read this book that I have called DEWEY The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World?

You know I am bad at keeping my accounts in order. I have more than once suffered the pain of being charged a $35 overdraft fee for overdrawing 67 cents or some other ridiculously small number. Today I feared that iTunes had fucked me by charging me for a movie rental a week after I rented it. My balance was dwindling in the single digits, and I was sure I was screwed. Or was I? Turns out, I had an extra $16! Granted, that is not a large sum of money, but in these tough financial times any little bit helps. It's amazing what a simple thing like finding out you had a little bit more money than you thought to put a spring in your step.

No comments: