Friday, November 21, 2008

Second Post: Not As Much Pressure

Hey Buddy. Knowing me as long as you have (since high school) you know that I am many things. First and foremost however, I am lazy. In true celebration of my laziness, my first attempt at an unbelievably difficult task will be to make a shadow puppet show for a presentation in one of my English classes. Can you think of a better way to fill 5-7 minutes of the class's time? I can't. As usual, I am trying to compensate for a complete lack of substance with the little bit of charm I can muster. At this point, I'm torn between cutting out doll like shapes and gluing Popsicle sticks to the bottom, or drawing a frame by frame progression of my tale on overhead projector sheets. I'm leaning towards drawing on overhead projector sheets because it will be a brilliant showcase for my outstanding stick-figure drawing talent. And where better to display said talent than in an upper level English class?

I will keep you up-to-date with my progress. We will know if I have succeeded on the day of the presentation--December 2nd. Hopefully I'll have some mock ups to show you while you're in town for Thanksgiving. I have a really good feeling about this.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wish you all the best!!!!!!!!

whitehotroom said...

I like the idea of the progressive overheads. Also, I think you two having a blog can only result in awesome.