Saturday, November 22, 2008

Cat Calls and Novelty Cups

If they had an award for “most irritating pop song of the early 90s that it also the catchiest,” it would most likely go to “Tom’s Diner.” That might be why all of my coworkers yell at me when I start whistling it at work. I can’t help it, it’s just what naturally comes out when I start to whistle! Regardless, it might be worth my time to try and retrain myself. And so, as I was leaving work the other night, I changed my tune. After getting two notes out I realized that what I was whistling sounded nothing like what I was trying to whistle, and so I gave up. However, what I was whistling did sound alarmingly like a cat call, and I unfortunately made eye contact with a gaggle of freshman who were standing at the top of the stairs. Sorry, ladies, for the unwanted (and inadvertent) sexual attention.

In other news, my landlords brought over a bunch of cups that they were going to throw out, which can only mean one thing. That’s right; I’m drinking my gin and tonic out of a comically large pink, plastic martini glass, though “glass“ might not be the right word here…

2 comments:

R. said...

do do do do, do do do do, do do do do, do do do do
REMIX!!
dodododo dodododo dodododo dodododo

R. said...

But don't worry, some chicks - I mean - some, *women* like the attention